09 November 2015

Contouring with a contour pencil

I find it's the easiest to contour with a contour stick or contour pencil.Grab the pencil, draw the lines where you want to add the shadow and just blend it in with a brush or a beauty blender.
I used to contour with powders or with my Kevin Aucoin Creamy Glow duo in Sculpting medium and Candlelight. Because I am running out of the sculpting side of the palette I had to purchase something that will replace it. I was ready to get a higher end product such as the new MUFE foundation stick in a darker shade, but lucky me, when I was in Italy couple of weeks back I went into a KIKO store and they had a separate display with a couple of their new products, such as the Contouring Pencil set.










I purchased mine in the shade Light to Medium. The set contains two pencils, one for highlighting and one for contouring. Both pencils contain 3,5 g of product. If I remember correctly the price of this set  was just around 9€. The packaging is girly and gorgeaus, pink with rose gold.

I really enjoy using this product, because the shade suits me, it is perfect for a daytime contour, or you can build it up to have a more deeper contour. The formula is creamy, stays on all day, allthough I do set it with a contour powder from the Anastasia Beverly Hills.











If you are in need of some new contouring product, and you have acces to a KIKO store, I recommend you try out this set. So far, KIKO products didn't dissapoint me.

This would be great as a Christmas present or stocking filler for girlfriends, sisters or even to our lovely Moms.

Mentioning the Kevin Aucoin Glow contour palette , here is a comparison between the KIKO pencils and the Kevin Aucoin:



KIKO on the top,Kevin Aucoin on the bottom

The brush I use for contouring



Will you take a look at this contour set from KIKO?


No comments:

Post a Comment