12 May 2016

How to make your foundation stay on all day

My tip for prolonging the wear of your foundation will include quite a few steps and products, but beleive me when I say it worths that extra effort and time.
If you are like me and you end up having an unwanted shiny/greasy face by the end of the day, then I might have some useful tips for you. While I was recently traveling I came up with a foundation routine that promises a shine free day. Hear me out:
As my first step, I use a makeup primer, currently the one I am using is the MUFE Step1 Mattifying primer, which I find to be quite good and effective in prolonging the foundation and it also evens out the texture of my skin.

Then I spritz my face with the Skindinavia No Glow makeup finishing spray, and I do a couple of spritzes on my Beauty Blender also. This way when I use the BB to work my base into my skin, the foundation I use mixes up with the setting spray adding that extra bit of assurance that it will stay put all day long.
The foundation that I currently use is the Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is already known to have a matte, long lasting formula. But because no foundation can truly resist the heat, the wind and the rain, that I experienced in London, even this foundation needed an extra help to stay intact throughout the whole day of walking and being out exploring the city. Then of course I set my foundation with a powder using the buffing method. The one I find to be the best is the Dior Diorskin Poudre Libre in the shade 002. I raved about this powder already, and I find that it beats even the famous Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder.
Lastly I finish my routine by spritzing my face again with the Skindinavia No Glow oil control spray.

I find that with this routine my makeup lasts for hours and hours without any touch-ups, and I don't have to constantly check myself in the mirror.

How do you make your foundation last all day?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment